Game Economy Designer
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
Gameloft’s mission is to amaze the world, so everyone can enjoy a moment of happiness.
We have been proudly crafting games since 2000, two of which are featured in App Annie's “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads.” Talented Gameloft employees from all over the world have created established franchises, such as Asphalt®, Dragon Mania Legends, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter.
We put passion into every pixel of our games. It’s at the core of what we do every day, and major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Mattel®, Lamborghini®, etc. recognize Gameloft’s creativity and trust us to produce awesome gaming experiences.
We are part of Vivendi—one of the world’s largest media groups—giving us the mana and resources to set our expectations high and aim for the very best.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
We are currently looking for a Game Economy Designer who will identify and develop economy progression systems, purchase drivers within the context of game economies and their overall balance.
Making use of data, they will also provide recommendations regarding design, adjustments and pricing, with the goal of increasing the games’ lifespan and financial success.
- Designing, documenting, and supervising the economic execution of development of a new game, or a new feature in an existing game, to improve KPIs.
- Serving as the authority on, and owner of, all key economic documentation throughout a game title, including taps, sinks, and progression models.
- Working closely with a team of product managers, data analysts, fellow game designers, and developers in support of all things economy-related in the product’s life cycle.
- Regularly providing the development team with updates based on tests regarding user behavior, statistics, and prices, both during development and after the game’s release.
- Developing, managing, and iterating new game systems with the goal of creating a balanced player experience.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A university degree in game design, mathematics, economics, and/or a related field
- A minimum of 1 years of experience as an economy designer, systems designer, live ops designer or similar position
- Strong data-analysis skills and familiarity with visualization software and dashboards
- Knowledge and interest on subjects related to monetization and best practices
- A passion for game development and creating captivating player experiences through quantitative progression models
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel with experience in simulating and forecasting complex game economies
- Basic knowledge of mathematical functions, models and arithmetic
- A university degree in mathematics, computer science, or statistics
- Experience with Unity
- Familiarity with SQL and Data Mining
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Flexible schedule
- 3 weeks’ vacation and mobile days off, available as of your start date
- Time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day to help you start the year off on the right foot
- Group RRSP program with employer contributions
- Great group insurance program
- Free 24/7 access to a virtual medical clinic
- The Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Partial reimbursement of your commuting costs (for public transit and/or parking)
- Support for new employees relocating from countries or regions outside Quebec
- Referral program with bonuses
- Regular activities and prizes courtesy of our Social Committee
And at the studio itself:
- Secure bike storage room and a subsidy to encourage active transportation (during the summer)
- Daily snacks (fruit, coffee, etc.)
- Friday happy hours
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
- Studio located near Jarry Park and the charming Mile-Ex and Little Italy neighbourhoods
- Fitness classes at the studio itself or at Jarry Park (e.g., yoga)
We want to get to know you!
Submit your application now.