Technical Artist Senior
We are searching for our next Technical Artist!
The Technical Artist is a hybrid creative and technical operator who liaise between the artist and the programmer teams. Require both visual skills as well as programming knowledge to understand both disciplines and problem solve between departments.
Will keep the artistic vision intact while working within the limits of the software systems used on a video game production. Works closely with the Game Designer, Lead Artist and Lead Programmer, advising on technical resources, researching new techniques, maintaining tools and pipelines, and preparing digital files of finished artwork to run efficiently without visual degradation.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Designing and developing workflows, pipelines, and tools for projects and teams
- Integrating assets provided by art & design, and implementing the features associated with them
- Developing solutions to incorporate real-world assets and data into real-time applications
- Research and experimenting with groundbreaking technologies, pioneering new techniques to match the constantly evolving demands of ours clients and the industry
- Collaborating in small teams to ship client projects on a variety of platforms, including desktop, AR and VR headsets, mobile, WebGL, and more.
- Working directly with clients, developers, designers, artists, and management both locally and remotely
What we're looking for:
- Experience developing with Unity at a high level
- Solid understanding of one or more 3D creation suites (Maya, Blender, etc)
- Experience and technical understanding of 3D model optimization and performance
- Experience with art production workflows such as modelling, texturing, rigging, animation, or lighting with HDRP/URP
- Intermediate skill with C# or another programming language
- Experience in shipping multiple interactive real-time applications or games
You might also have:
- Experience with photogrammetry techniques - capture, asset processing, etc.
- Experience with commercial/industrial data (CAD, BIM, GIS, LIDAR, point clouds, etc.)
- Production experience with developing headset AR/VR applications
- Product / studio lighting
- Rendering performance & optimization techniques
- Strong understanding of PBR workflows
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefit s and privileges of employment.
As Gamager, you'll enjoy the following benefits:
- Health and eyesight insurance.
- Yearly administrative days.
- Additional vacation days provided by company.
- Performance bonuses.
- Balanced worklife, with healthy work hours benefits.