Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
We’re looking for someone with knowledge and experience of modern rendering systems as well as excellent communication and self-management skills. The right candidate will be able to work not only with members of the render and wider programming team but also with artists and content creators to help develop and enhance visual features. In conjunction with this a good understanding of the entire render pipeline is essential as you’ll be spending time working with existing systems to integrate your work. Previous experience in similar roles is preferable, you’ll be charged with building on our impressive track record in delivering ground breaking techniques and visuals.
Frontier uses its proprietary Cobra ™ engine which allows us to create whatever we can imagine and design. As such we’re looking for candidates who can innovate and use our existing technology to its fullest. We pride ourselves on the strength of our game visuals and the strength and depth of technical expertise within the team, successful candidates will add to this pool. In return we can offer you unique challenges not found elsewhere and the ability to shape our graphics technology and visuals in ways only proprietary engines can offer. This is one of the key roles within our team and we’re looking for candidates whose aspirations match. If you believe you have the skills and passion for this role we would love to hear from you!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a studio with a proven track record of delivering successful AAA titles and to play an important role in our continued success.
- Enhance and create graphics features to deliver the visual goals of the project.
- Work within a multi-discipline team to ensure that features work with wider systems and content creators.
- Be responsible for profiling and optimising graphical features within the game.
- Pro-actively contribute to the render and coding teams.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and make a wider strategic contribution.
- Passion for creating beautiful games.
- Enjoys working collaboratively with a cross-discipline team.
- Ability to solve problems and adapt to emerging requirements.
- Open to exploring new ideas and approaches.
- Solid technical background.
- Advanced programming in C++ and shader languages such as; HLSL.
- Knowledge of modern game render/graphics pipelines.
- Experience with profilers (PIX, Tuner, Nsight, VTune, etc.).
- Strong 3D maths skills.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written).
- Knowledge of graphics API’s such as; DX11/12.
- Experience in a similar role.
- An artistic eye is beneficial.
- Cross-platform development experience including Xbox One or Playstation 4.
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 550+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.