Software Engineer - Enterprise VR
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ForwardXP is expanding as we create leading edge VR enterprise experiences. In this position you will join a veteran team of engineers, designers and other senior leadership with decades of experience creating engaging interactive experiences. We bring our background in creating some of the largest video game franchises in history to create Enterprise VR experiences that go beyond anything else on the market today.
COVID-19 Update: ForwardXP is based in Dallas, Texas, and we have transitioned to a mostly work-from-home model during this time. The Software Engineer - VR role specifically is intended to be an on-site role in our Dallas office once the world gets back to normal. Our goal right now is to find great talent, but also be flexible and accommodating to everyone's individual circumstances during these difficult times.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
We're looking for a passionate and driven software engineer who can help us build great VR experiences. As a Software Engineer at ForwardXP, you will work as part of a small team to solve tough technical challenges in a high energy, startup like environment with experienced industry leaders and a highly collaborative team. You will design, implement, test and deploy VR Apps as part of a talented and experienced development team.
RESPONSIBILITIES and REQUIREMENTS
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Curious and self-directed with a strong attention to details and a user-centric approach.
- Experience with 3D programming and building apps in the Unity or Unreal engine.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Experience developing for the Unreal engine.
- Experience writing production quality C/C++ or C# code.
- Must be legally able to work in the US.
- This is a full-time position in our Dallas, Texas office.
- Experience developing on Oculus VR platforms
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience shipping multiple game titles
- Experience debugging across a variety of hardware platforms
- Computer science or related degree