In this position you will join a veteran team of engineers, designers and other senior leadership with decades of experience who have shipped some of the bestselling titles in history including games in the DOOM, QUAKE, Wolfenstein, RAGE, Call of Duty, Counter-Strike and Left 4 Dead series.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We're looking for a passionate and driven 3D Artist with a range of capabilities including environment modeling, props, and basic characters. As an Artist you will work as part of a small team to solve tough technical challenges in a high energy, startup like environment with experienced industry leaders and a highly collaborative team.
RESPONSIBILITIES and REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with digital sculpting using Z-brush, Mudbox, or equivalent sculpting software
- Experience with hard-surface and organic modeling using 3D Studio Max or Maya
- Experience optimizing low-poly models from high-poly models, including UV layout, and texture baking(normal maps, ambient occlusion, etc.)
- Able to create both realistic and stylized textures and materials
- Great at collaborating with concept artists to offer suggestions and improve concepts before they are modeled
- You have a working understanding of modeling for animation in-order to assist animation team in bringing objects to life.
- 3+ years of professional modeling experience with real-time assets
- Must be legally able to work in the US
- Must be willing to work on-site in our Dallas, TX office
- Experience with lighting for interactive projects
- Experience with multiple video game platforms from mobile to console
- Experience building art assets optimized for VR and mobile platforms