UI Artist (Generalist)
Exient is a leading developer and publisher of mobile free-to-play games, including titles such as “Lemmings”, “Angry Birds Transformers”, “Dancing with the Stars” and many more. We are expanding with many exciting new projects and are looking for talented and driven staff with a passion for mobile gaming.
Exient is looking for a UI focussed Artist to work with us at Exient. You will assist our UI efforts by imagining, conceptualising, and implementing UI for gameplay features in an agile and iterative game development process. Focus your artistic talent to build quality products with a team of committed artists, designers and engineers. Creating clean, beautiful user interfaces and other artwork, critical for success in the casual market space.
There will be opportunities to contribute in other areas of game development, applying your skills to develop 2D artwork in the game.
- Understanding of UI and usability principles.
- Solid graphic design skills; typography, iconography, composition, layout, motion design and a keen eye for colour.
- Experience with Unity and/or UE4.
- Confident using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Work with senior staff and feature owners to visualise elegant and fun solutions to complex ideas.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to creatively execute designs from wireframe through to final implementation.
- Work with production management to prioritise tasks and have a good understanding of workflows.
Helpful to have
- Understanding of the mobile / casual game market.
- Understanding of source control systems such as Perforce and/or Git.
- Experience with 3D modeling.
- Experience using other Adobe tools such as After Effects and Premiere Pro.
- A level head and not afraid of creative clashes.