Esports Data Analyst
Founded in 1999, Evil Geniuses shaped the history of esports with our long-running legacy. Our success is rooted in the freedom to choose our own path. As EG eyes the future, our commitment to excellence will drive our continued dominance across elite gaming as we attract top talent and steadfast partnerships. Today, we seek people who share that same drive and dedication, that same grit and passion that makes Evil Geniuses legendary. We will always fight to make our space a place for all. Join us and Live Evil.
- Design statistical analyses, custom models, reports, and tools using a variety of in-game esports data sources
- Collaborate with esports front office on projects including crafting ad-hoc queries and managing longer research projects involving the areas of player evaluation, game management, in-game tactics, roster building, and broader trends
- Build tools and models that support player development and scouting specialists
- Assist with game day responsibilities including pre-game scouting reports, in-game statistical charting, and post-game analysis
- Work collaboratively with the EG esports front office on projects as needed.
- Provide expertise to other Analysts.
- Author both technical and non-technical internal reports on your work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in quantitative science such as statistics, mathematics, machine learning, quantitative social sciences, computer science, operations research, engineering, physics, or similar field; advanced degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience analyzing, cleaning, visualizing, and extracting insights from raw data
- Proficiency with a statistical programming language; R or Python preferred
- Proficiency with using SQL in relational databases such as SQL Server or Postgres
- Proficiency with Tableau or related data visualization software
- Self-motivated with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Additional Preferred Skills
- Strong knowledge of esports (League of Legends, Dota 2, CSGO, or Valorant)
- Ability to communicate technical ideas to non-technical audiences using data visualizations
- Demonstrated work ethic, passion for esports, including familiarity with current esports research and analysis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with agile software development
- Experience with working with Microsoft Azure/Amazon Web Services/Google Cloud platform
- Willingness and ability to relocate to Seattle, WA or Los Angeles, CA
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
All our team members have these traits. You should, too: