Esports Tower™ is seeking to fill Coaching positions for our Fortnite Esports Club Program. We are interested in candidates with a solid foundation of experience in esports and an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Coaching positions will assist in developing the program in a manner that is consistent with and advances our Strategic Plan and will advise us on opportunities and challenges associated with the growth of the program.
Our coaches are responsible for training our youth athletes, including, but not limited to:
- Prepping for and leading training sessions.
- Leading physical fitness and mental wellness exercises.
- Coaching during weekend matches, tournaments, and competitions.
- Developing game and life skills among young athletes.
- Serving as an advisor to parents around topics in esports, teamwork, and competition.
Key features of the Position
- An Esports Tower Coach demonstrates competence and effectiveness in: Technical and operational aspects of gaming and esports including, but not limited to, organized, multiplayer video game competitions involving real-time strategy.
- Has an interest in assisting in developing and administering cohesive plans and policies that reflect our vision, values, and mission.
- We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, willing to learn, has a “can-do” attitude, and has a passion for Esports. The candidate will also be highly organized and can multitask.
- Team player with a positive attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Ability to quickly build and maintain key relationships with athletes and parents.
- Highly adaptable, quick learner with excellent organizational skills
- Competitive, persuasive, goal-oriented team player with ambition, drive and determination to succeed.
- Attending meetings to present weekly reports about the team to the General Manager.
- Assisting in the creation of monthly practice schedules
- Mediating minor player disputes
- Assisting the General Manager with various tasks as needed.
- Assisting other staff members with tasks as needed.
- Manage the team and program in a manner appropriate to support the goals of the Esports Tower™.
- Train athletes to competitive standards and strive to build championship teams.
Qualifications of our Coaches
- Knowledge of the esports industry
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Fortnite
- Demonstrated experience in mechanics and fundamentals.
- Experience working in a fluid, self-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter.
- Experience in a club sports environment or similar preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.