Senior Web Engineer (Epic Online Services)
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Online Engineering at Epic
What we do
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 4. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic’s own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
In this role, you will
We are looking for a Full-Stack Web Engineer to join the Player Engagement Services team to work on new products for the Fortnite audience. Our stack is React, Node.js, Reactive Java, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Kubernetes and a host of other tools and services. As a part of the Player Engagement team you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn as well as contribute your ideas to product development.
As a Full Stack Web Engineer you will handle both frontend and backend pieces of the products as well as the full service delivery process of services - planning product roadmaps, design, configuring development tools, setting up CI/CD and automated testing, provisioning AWS, configuring monitoring tools and communicating with other teams. And if it spikes your interest, building massively high scale Fortnite services in JVM languages is also at your fingertips.
You will also:
- Work in the Player Engagement Services team with Product Managers, Designers, Frontend and Backend Engineers to conceptualize and build new services and features.
- Own the technical design and drive implementation of robust, scalable online solutions.
- Sweat about the details and thrive to build great customer centric UIs.
- Review code, improve engineering standards, tooling and processes, and mentor other engineers to produce high-quality results.
- Communicate and collaborate with teams across Epic to ensure online services are implemented and go live across the entire Epic ecosystem (Fortnite, Epic Games Store, Unreal Engine, and Epic Online Services)
What we’re looking for
- Experience in architecting Node.js applications. You understand the strong and weak sides of Node.js
- Regular usage of React framework and experience in building user interfaces
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of working with AWS
- Experience of working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Mindset of writing well tested code, including unit-testing, integration testing and end-to-end testing
- As a plus - experience with Kubernetes, Terraform and building scalable backend systems with JVM languages
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees and dependents. We offer free drinks and snacks every day, lunches (2x/week), life insurance, accident insurance (at work and leisure), supplemental medical, dental insurance, public transportation, annual celebrations and game nights for employees and family members.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.