Senior Platform Programmer - Consoles
We are looking for a Console Platform Programmer passionate about creating world-class, industry leading game engine technologies, targeting a variety of game console platforms. You’ll work with the latest console hardware offerings to design and implement platform APIs, guide cross-platform API development, and create robust platform toolchains as required by the demands of a variety of both gaming and non-gaming related projects. If you're an experienced engineer looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute to our engine and feature development on game console platforms, we want to talk to you!
In this role, you will:
- Implement and improve various low-level systems that interface with platform APIs, i.e. memory allocators (physical and virtual), file systems, input systems, graphics APIs (Vulkan, DirectX 12, Nintendo, and PlayStation), shader compilers, etc
- Analyze and continuously strive to solve and optimize problems related to a modern game engine (load times, memory usage and platform specific performance issues)
- Make improvements to platform toolchains, i.e. compiler/linker support, deployment to device, SDK upgrades, platform specific data management tools, debugger integration, crash reporting, etc.
- Help us embrace, support, extend and enhance our engine for future hardware.
- Support external customers
What we’re looking for:
- Strong programming background and C++ knowledge.
- Experience with a broad range of engineering areas in shipping games or real-time visualization systems, with special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization
- Experience with OS level systems on Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Switch, and Stadia
- Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
- Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of engine and editor concepts
- Familiarity with development tools and profiling on game consoles, including PIX, Razor, Renderdoc, etc
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and power
- Prior shipped projects with UE4 is a plus
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.