Lead Tools Programmer
Quixel exists to push the computer graphics industry forward. Our mission is to scan the world and put it in the hands of artists, and we strive to build an ecosystem that unlocks triple-A level artistry for everyone. As part of our team, you will help deliver next-gen workflows to CG artists working in films, games, or visualization, to create hyper-realistic or stylized 3D worlds and elements with the world’s largest scan library, one-click integrations to their favorite software, and a rapid material creation tool.
Engineering at Quixel
WHAT WE DO
We are working on the next generation of content creation tools.Our tools are developed with one mission: "To make life simpler for artists", this requires us to tackle some of the biggest open questions in CG and come up with revolutionary workflows.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for a Lead Tools Engineer who is passionate about writing world-class PBR Texturing tools for artists. You will help develop the next generation of content creation tools used by the leading artists in the industry. You will make a direct impact on the creativity and productivity of artists across the world. This role requires leading and mentoring a team of engineers, along with hands-on development to our texturing software.
In this role, you will
- Lead a team of software engineers with varying levels of experience and mentor junior resources
- Use hands-on, technical expertise to drive solutions for a range of challenges
- Partner and collaborate with other teams (including Product, Design, QA)
- Set guiding priorities and assign tasks and projects to all team members.
- Monitor performance and develop team members through coaching and providing training opportunities.
- Design the architecture for main modules and implement well-documented new features
- Creating, optimizing and enhancing algorithms and data structures
- Maintaining, improving, and evolving the existing toolset
- Bug fixing and maintaining the existing code base
What we’re looking for
- 6+ years of experience building high-performing, architecturally complex products
- 3+ years of experience with UE 4 with both C++ coding and Blueprints is required
- 2+ years knowledge of real-time graphics techniques, writing shader code, multithreaded programming and GPU computation is required
- 2+ years of leadership or mentorship experience leading other software engineers
- Experience with code reviews and automated testing.
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Experience with contemporary content creation (modeling and texturing) tools and workflows
- Knowledge of Quixel’s ecosystem (Mixer, Bridge, Megascans)
- Knowledge of PBR and real-time rendering techniques
- Remaining knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritization and decision-making skills.
- Strong contributor to the maintenance of a fantastic and transparent culture
- Proactive and effective communication style
Quixel brings artistry and speed back to next-gen workflows, allowing computer graphics artists to create worlds of their own. As part of Epic Games, we continue our mission to scan the world, and make high-quality content and innovative technology freely accessible to everyone in the form of Megascans, Bridge, and Mixer. Discover more at www.quixel.com.