(Closed) Lead Technical UI Designer - Fortnite
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic is looking for passionate Lead Tech UI Designers. In this position, you will lead and manage a team of Technical UI designers (4-8) working on a major initiative of Fortnite like gameplay or Battle Pass. You will guide your team to build well thought out features and systems using Unreal Engine, UMG, Blueprints, and C++. You will work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to ship features to millions of players around the world.
In this role, you will
- Lead a team of Tech UI designers (4-8) working in one of the major initiatives on Fortnite.
- Set up a culture of mentorship and excellence within the tech UI design craft.
- Roll up your sleeves and build well thought out features and systems using Unreal Engine, Blueprints, and UMG.
- Collaborate with other UX/UI Craft leads to ensure great communication is happening and stronger cross team relationships are built.
- Contribute to the dynamic vision for Fortnite’s UI that the team is always developing towards and executing against.
- Establish best practices and procedures for Tech UI Design.
- Help build tools and systems that will help clear up UI tech debt, make it easier and faster to ship UI, and level up the UI overall.
- Work collaboratively across multiple teams to create consistency.
- Build design systems that enhance our ability to design more efficiently and consistently.
- Work quickly and effectively in a fast paced environment.
What we’re looking for
- A service oriented, compassionate leader.
- You have a passion for making and playing games.
- 2 - 4 years of experience managing a team of 2-8 people or equivalent training.
- You have 7+ years of experience working in Agile environments and on multi-disciplinary teams.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and at least 5+ years of experience presenting to other team members and stakeholders.
- 5+ years experience with 3D math and computer graphic design.
- 5+ years of professional engine experience (Custom engine, Unity, UE4, Lumberyard, Snowdrop, etc.), and have game industry 3D-package experience (3D Studio, Maya, etc.).
- 5+ years of scripting experience, bonus points for C++ experience
- 3+ years of experience hiring and managing multiple teams.
- You’re known for thinking at big picture views strategically and identifying and solving extremely complex problem spaces.
Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
We offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy on our website.