As a Back-end Engineer at Embark you will be a game maker, building a sustainable foundation for the games we produce.
You’ll be an integral part of a highly creative game team and together you’ll create and improve the high-quality, polished experiences we want to provide our players. Your role is to provide experience and solutions in the back-end and infrastructure space. As our game is distributed between game client, game server and in the cloud, you’ll work together with your team to figure out which parts of the problem to solve in which location.
At Embark we believe in creating smaller teams of well-aligned experts that can be trusted to create games and keep them running.
Example Of Responsibilities
- Collaborate and work closely with fellow software engineers and technical directors
- Build and improve services, features and tools for game development
- Continuously improve our engineering practices
- Make sure your code adds a great amount of value to your comrades
We would love if you have
- A passion for interactive experiences, games and new technologies
- A solid understanding about distributed systems and experience building them
- A solid understanding about Site Reliability Engineering practices and what it takes to keep services running smoothly around the clock
- The ability to be a great team player with good communication skills
- A good grasp of performance, optimization and data structures
- Professional English communication skills