Systems Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Systems Software Engineer II is an essential part of a game creation process. You are involved in architectural design and implementation of technology and foundation layers – memory, performance, CPU/GPU, stability, I/O, profiling and optimization, on multiple platforms (PlayStation, XBOX, PC, Switch), working with designers, artists and other engineers to build experiences for a world-wide audience.
What You Will Do:
- Design, architects and documents technical solutions covering main aspects of game-development – frame-rate, load-times, run-time memory usage, disk space usage, engine integrations.
- Work with other domain owners to integrate and develop essential technologies and improve memory usage, performance and stability.
- Analyze impact to above mentioned metrics throughout the development cycle.
- Provide feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement & optimizations.
- You will report to the systems team manager and work with your peers on developing the FIFA's foundation layer.
Who You Are:
- C++ proficiency.
- 5+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Proficiency integrating and maintaining large-scale systems covering multiple domains.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and run-time optimization.
- Knowledge of assembler, scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C# is a plus.
- Knowledge of job-based architectures might come in handy.
- Knowledge of XBOX and PlayStation platforms is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the game?
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.