(Closed) Senior Software Engineer - C++
As a member of the Special Projects in Applied Research and Collaboration (SPARC) Team, you will develop ground-breaking game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with EA's game development teams.
You will report to the Technical Director and be part of a distributed and agile team, with the purpose of solving technical challenges from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An important priority for this group is to partner with EA's specialized research teams to create meaningful applications relevant to game development.
The SPARC Team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. The Senior Software Engineer will guide technical execution of projects across Frostbite and EA Studios.
What the Senior Software Engineer will do at SPARC
- As Senior Software Engineer, you will take a primary role in development, help determine and improve Frostbite features and own delivery
- Work with the Technical Director, Frostbite Team, and outsourcing groups to provide features that increase engagement and fun
- Provide troubleshooting, debugging and assist with challenges
- Lead by example within the team by producing simple, maintainable code with few defects and contributes to test plans
- Maintain positive lines of communication and relationships with teammates across EA Studios and Frostbite
- Identify problems early on in the process
- Design, author, test, and deploy maintainable solutions
- You will help us solve the problems that don’t fit the typical game development cycle
Who You Are?
- 7+ years of C++ software engineering experience, including code design, data structures and organization.
- A generalist skill set; experience with some or all of the following: Graphics, Networking, Animation, Physics, Gameplay, Audio, or Tools
- A desire to improve your skills and help your teammates grow theirs; we succeed together
- Work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion
- Expertise with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Profiling skill and a knowledge of successful optimization strategies both at a high and low-level; an understanding of when, what, and how to improve
- Excellent debugging skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Value collaboration and the importance of supporting your team
What is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP/401K company matches, and of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that is powered by creativity.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.