Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated Lead Data Engineer with broad technical skills to dive deep into large amounts of data and the desire to influence key decisions with data-driven analysis and insights. The position collaborates closely with the FIFA Analytics team to develop complex ETL pipelines and support dashboards that promote deeper understanding of the game.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in developing and establishing scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses and possess excellent problem solving ability dealing with huge volumes of game data. The position will also stay apprised of latest trends and research on all aspects of data engineering and analytics.
To apply for this role, you must have proven experience in technical leadership roles and can drive innovation and results on business initiatives
- As a Lead Data Engineer, you are accountable for all data pipelines and the overall quality of the data solutions that Analytics Solutions supports.
- You will be involved in the entire development life cycle from brainstorming ideas to implementing elegant solutions to derive data insights
- You will gather requirements, model and design solutions to support reporting analytics and exploratory analysis
- You will design, build, and launch efficient, scalable and reliable data pipelines to move and transform data
- You will work with analysts, understand requirements, develop technical specifications for ETLs, including documentation
- You will be responsible to support production code to produce comprehensive and accurate data artifacts.
- You will oversee the process of adoption of new technologies and applications we use to collect, integrate, analyze, and deliver relevant analytical solutions.
- You will guide communications between our users and studio engineers to provide scalable end-to-end solutions.
- You will promote strategies to improve our data modeling, quality and architecture
- You will work with big data solutions, data modeling, understand the ETL pipelines and dashboard tools.
- You will mentor and manage other data engineers, guiding and ensuring the best practices are followed.
- 7+ years relevant industry experience in data engineering role who has Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- 2+ years of leading successful engineering teams
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries and knowledge of cloud-based databases like Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery or other big data solutions.
- Experience in data modeling, ETL processes, and data warehousing.
- Experience with at least one of the programming languages like Python or Java
- Experience with business intelligence tools like Power BI, Looker, Tableau or similar BI tools.
- Experience working with unstructured datasets
- Experience in the physical and logical design of database architecture for relational databases, data warehouses and data lakes.
- Knowledge of latest data pipeline tools such as Airflow.
- Developing APIs and integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Summarize technical details to non-technical audience
- Comfortable working with a multi-functional team, both locally and remote, understanding the perspectives of each partner.
- Experience working in an agile development environment and familiar with Process Management tools such as JIRA, Target process, Trello or similar
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.