Online Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. EA SPORTS creates authentic, immersive, and fun experiences that invite a diverse audience of players to create, connect, compete, and self-express through industry-leading sports videogames and live services, including FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA LIVE, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit our website.
Interested in joining our team? At EA Madrid - where passion for sports is only matched by the talent on the ground - we are looking for passionate Software Engineers, along with other disciplines, to play an integral part in developing the next installments of our Madden franchise.
The Challenge Ahead:
To provide major online gaming components and features for our Madden franchise with a focus on code quality, extensibility and testability, and to provide support to engineers on the team. You will design next-generation game engine components used to power online gaming experiences and services.
What an Online Software Engineer does at EA:
- Participate in distributed agile development across multiple teams
- Write code and help with the designing for interfaces for game systems using C++ and object-oriented programming;
- Help evaluate system performance, troubleshoot, and develop complex modifications to applications as needed
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers and Team Leads in developing recommendations to improve quality control and team productivity
- Work directly with both client and server teams to maintain high-traffic services for multi-platform games
- Iterate and design improvements to live systems and workflows
- Identify bottlenecks and slow queries and improve them.
The next great EA Online Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 5+ years of development experience in Agile/Scrum environment
- Proficiency with C++ with an emphasis on OOP/D
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational database
- Experience in a Windows environment. Linux experience is a plus.
- Experience with client-server architectures, basic network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP and UDP), concurrency, and latency
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Lua, Python), XML and C#.
- Test and debug other Software Engineer's code competently
- Knowledge of source code management: Git or Perforce is preferred
- Fluent in English
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that are motivated by creativity and passion. You will also get a benefit package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free video games.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- Check our website if you want to know more about our location
- Please check out our digital magazine for more information about Living in Spain
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.