Intermediate Full-Stack Software Engineer - Developer Experience Platform
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA’s games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
What a Software Engineer, Developer Experience does at EA:
This unique role will be perfect for someone who is passionate about engineering ease of use and reducing friction in tech integration. The team will focus on building a product that unifies integrator onboarding and support and provides apps to improve the entire game development and live game management life cycle. The team will also build a framework that enables shared services to provide the right experiences, tools and documentation support to ensure better integration.
You will report to a Manager of Engineering and you will help develop tools and services to support the platform in providing an outstanding developer experience. Typical activities include:
- Develop web apps, components and prototypes
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative, agile software development process, including scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, coding, debugging, maintenance and support
- Work with the design and product management team to build applications that delight users.
- Document and present designs for peer technical review and provide feedback on others’ designs
- Work on the application framework that includes backend common services (e.g. authentication, authorization)
- Work cross teams to identify important requirements, determine metrics and setup benchmarks for engineering ease of use
- Analyze the complex technical architecture across EA’s shared services and platform to understand the causes of engineering friction and drive fixes
- Partner with game studios to understand their requirements and concerns for integration
The next great EA Software Engineer, Developer Experience also needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Expertise in object-oriented design/programming
- 5+ years experience developing web applications
- Experience with full-stack web app development, working on both back-end (ie. NodeJS) and frontend
- Attention to software engineering best practices, ie testing, code reviews, documentation
- You are passionate about high-quality execution and technical innovation/adaptation
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum-based development environments
- Understanding of network protocols
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.