Director, Executive Compensation
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Director, Executive Compensation
Redwood City, CA
Most companies call it HR. At Electronic Arts we made the deliberate decision to brand our organization People Experience (PE). It not just a play on words, PE is a team of cultural stewards who carefully create programs and talent strategies that directly impacts our teams' experience and enables our People to achieve the most meaningful work of their careers.
We're responsible for recruiting the best diverse talent on the planet and supporting their growth through learning programs, internal mobility, affinity group participation, and leadership development. We continually listen to our employees and dive into analytics to anchor our recommendations and decisions to keep engagement high. Last but not least, we're responsible for a total rewards strategy that incentivizes equitably, provides outstanding benefits, and ensures a safe and inspiring workplace for our teams.
The Director of Executive Compensation reports to the Head of Global Compensation and will partner with our EA Executive Team, Chief People Officer and partners throughout EA's People Experience team to lead our executive compensation programs and prepare proposals for Compensation Committee and Board approval.
You have global Compensation expertise and a passion for Executive Compensation. This role is ideal for someone with strengths in providing guidance and expertise to Executives and other partners, while being able to exercise independent judgement. You've ideally worked in the high technology or entertainment industry.
- Lead moderate to complex projects covering areas of executive compensation and drive their delivery.
- You will help prepare materials for Compensation Committee Meetings, including competitive data and plan design alternatives and effects.
- You will solve complex problems using quantitative analysis, including dynamic scenario modeling.
- Develop strategic partnerships with Finance, HR and Legal to understand their strategies and executive compensation goals and ensure executive compensation programs are understood.
- Monitor current or upcoming regulations for Proxy and peer executive compensation trends.
- You keep up-to-date and report on legislation, regulations and media articles about compensation.
- Provide directional compensation philosophy leadership for the team and support decisions by providing compensation alternatives or recommendations.
- Educate and align partners (including executives themselves) about our programs and best practices around them.
- A. or B.S. in a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in the compensation field.
- Experience managing people.
- You have partnered with the most senior leadership of a public company around Executive Compensation programs.
- Global experience across multiple countries and regions.
- Experience within a public company with revenue of $3BN or more.
- You've led project teams including members outside your function.
- Comfortable and experienced with complexity.
- You have a foundation in compensation theories and practices.
- Familiar with a broad range of executive compensation topics at a deep level (e.g., stock dilution, performance equity plans, change-in-control provisions).
- Knowledgeable on legislation affecting pay programs. Maintain awareness of economic and pay practice trends within industry.
- Experience working with finance and legal partners on technical aspects of compensation, benefits plans, and tax and regulatory issues in variety of countries. Knowledge in SOX and regulatory compliance.
- Expert in formatting and presenting compensation data, conclusions and proposals, including to executives.
- Masters or advanced degree from an accredited institution preferred, ideally in Business, Economics, or Law.
- Prior experience in consulting.
- Experience in the technology industry in Silicon Valley
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.