Development Manager - Contractor
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of exceptional artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, creatively driven through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Shanghai studio is looking for a skilled, energetic and fun-loving individual to join our leadership team and help create EA’s next big AAA title.
EA Create Shanghai is a center for distributed development across EA’s game studios where we get to work on popular franchises such as Battlefield, Apex Legends, Need for Speed, Plants vs. Zombies, EA Sports and many more. We strive to provide game studio partners with high quality art production solutions while focusing on refining and expanding our studio capabilities.
The Development Manager is in charge of making sure the team delivers work on time and to quality. You will be the main communication conduit to the game teams in understanding project requirements, coordinating project resources, managing development schedules, identifying and resolving risks and most importantly, executing to plan.
Our leadership team is composed of experienced game developers from all over the world. We are an international group and we aim to create a fun work culture and environment worthy of a top-notch global game company. We actively promote staff-driven culture initiatives such as photography club, studio parties, bike riding club, tabletop games, Friday happy hours etc. to improve intra-studio communication and relationships between project teams.
- Responsible for creating and validating project schedules that meet the requirements of the game team; discuss and create consensus on project resource requirements, workflow and milestones; establish WGLL (What Good Looks Like), identify key stakeholders for regular communications and check-ins;
- Prioritize tasks to minimize bottlenecks while ensuring the production pipeline matches with the needs of the game studios;
- Identify project risks through regular monitoring of production status, team morale and communication channels; call out project risks and create mitigation plans before they become an issue;
- Managing through change request process by clearly communicating to project stakeholders the nature of the change request, the cost of changes and the prioritization of the changes;
- Provide leadership and mentorship to team members through regular 1:1s and weekly team meetings;
- Identify and mitigate attrition risks;
- Reward and recognize top performers through quarterly team performance review, promotions and salary adjustments while identifying and assisting low performers in improving their capabilities;
- Discuss and help provide career path for team members, identify training courses and seek opportunities to assign team members challenging assignments to continuously improve their skills;
- 2+ years of game development experience, at least 1 – 2 years of hands on project management experience utilizing Scrum/Agile methodology. PMP Certification an asset;
- Excellent process mindset and strong documentation ability, previous process reengineering experience an added advantage;
- Solid Project Management software experience including but not excluding to: JIRA, Confluence, Shotgun, Google Suite, MS Office Suite, SharePoint, Visio or other visualization and diagramming tools;
- Strong communication skills across all levels of an organization including negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution; Enjoy team setting and successful experience building strong working relationship with remote locations and global teams;
- People management experience with performance tracking and career development planning
- Fluent in English and Mandarin;
- Previous vendor management experience in distributed development is a big plus