Athlete Relations Manager
Please note that this is a 12-month contract role.
We are looking for a seasoned sports marketing professional responsible for driving relationships with professional athletes around the world on behalf of EA SPORTS. You will acquire professional athletes for EA SPORTS marketing campaigns and initiatives in order to maximize brand relevancy and product visibility. You will have deeply entrenched relationships with elite athletes and their representation globally, and will report into the EA SPORTS Athlete Relations Director.
- Manage athlete relations for EA SPORTS FIFA – drive communication and outreach to professional athletes globally for EA SPORTS marketing opportunities including, but not limited to, product ambassadors, social media marketing and content for EA SPORTS FIFA
- Generate brand relevancy and product visibility– leverage the power of celebrity to increase brand/product awareness and consideration through athlete marketing
- Secure ambassadors based on talent strategy – Identify and secure authentic athlete ambassadors for EA SPORTS based on the talent strategy and insights
- Manage and execute talent logistics – Manage communications, contract process/administration and all logistics related to athlete engagements for EA SPORTS including booking travel, acting as on-site liaison and ultimately ensuring full compliance with the deal
- Drive best-in-class relationship management – Build and maintain daily rapport with professional athletes and representation including sports management, marketing agencies and player associations; utilize strong relationships to maximize opportunities and terms with professional athletes on behalf of EA SPORTS
- Partner with EA Business Affairs – Partner closely with internal teams, including Business Affairs, to negotiate and manage athlete contracts, terms and conditions
- Drive rhythm of business: Ensure cohesive communication and collaboration among the Marcom Activation Partnership teams globally who work directly with the sports leagues and clubs associated with EA SPORTS licenses. Establish communication touchpoints on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to ensure visibility and proactive communication of athlete marketing plans and performance.
- Local Ambassador Deals: Secure cover athlete and ambassadors for each EA SPORTS product, driving logistics from initial communication through to cover shoots/content capture and fulfillment of deal terms
- Talent Logistics: Deliver clear and detailed schedules and logistical information to athletes and their representation for all EA SPORTS engagements
- Brand Relevancy & Product Visibility Tracking: In partnership with Global Analytics & Insights, Digital Intelligence and channel marketing teams, track brand/product awareness and consideration associated with key athlete partnerships to quantify and qualify success metrics
- Accountability: Prepare a road map for athlete marketing success, ensure all are clear, and take action to keep progress on track. Assume responsibility for actions and outcomes.
- Adaptability: Embrace change and help others adjust. Modify approach according to context. Actively seek to become comfortable in new environments.
- Communication: Craft clear and detailed communications with athletes and their representation. Internally, share information and ideas with stakeholders and cross-functional teams and listen openly.
- Innovation: Create solutions to challenges and positively question current thinking. Leverage logic and rationale to influence. Recognize and build on the ideas of others.
- Decision-making: Establish criteria. Seek relevant information to aid understanding. Identify correlation. Determine causation. Arbitrate with balanced, compelling resolutions.
- Seasoned marketing professional with multiple years of experience in athlete marketing; deeply entrenched relationships with elite athletes and their representation globally
- Exceptional relationship management skills; ability to build and foster strong rapport with athletes and their representation
- Strong commitment to achieving excellence in the sports industry
- Understands sports lifestyle, pop culture and is ingrained in sports scene and trends
- Ability to create successful athlete marketing outcomes based on business goals and strategies
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple high-profile project simultaneously
- Thrives in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Conducts work on privileged projects with the utmost confidentiality
- Excels at working in a matrixed team environment characterized by interdependency
- Ability to galvanize and influence teams and stakeholders across disciplines, at all levels
- Ability to effectively engage and liaise with executive teams
- Flexible and dynamic with the ability to adapt to changing goals and objectives
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.