(Closed) Social Media Director
Echo Esports is widely recognized as a top organization in World of Warcraft esports and looking to expand after a highly successful 2020 campaign. We are currently looking for a Social Media Director who will have direct ownership over Echo’s voice in the community. This is a full-time, paid position that will begin as a contracted role.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Ability to work proactively, autonomously and bring ideas to leadership team.
- Proficient in all relevant social media tools and software.
- Curate and spotlight positive media and partner-created content on applicable channels.
- Keep abreast of and report on feedback from users online (comments, forums, social media, etc.). Collaborate with internal departments to ensure both positive and critical community feedback is assessed appropriately and made visible if relevant.
- Ability to track and evaluate social media analytics including reach, engagement, and sentiment. Provide regular reports and recommendations based on various performance measurements on an ongoing basis.
- Experience with social media platforms and best practices (Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, etc.)
- Creative thinker with a good sense for what will resonate with the audience and ability to create various multi-media content with this in mind.
- Ability to build and manage relationships, collaborate with cross-functional teams, interpersonal skills, team motivation and conflict resolution are key.
- Audio/Video editing and production capabilities are a huge plus.
- Experience in esports/gaming with a strong preference for knowledge of World of Warcraft.
- Experience working and managing remotely a plus.
- Ability to work mainly during peak EU hours.
- Given advance notice, may be required to be available some weekend days during events.
How to Apply:
- Send your resume or any questions to the attached email.
- A portfolio showcasing your best work will speed up the process.
Equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with disability.