Founded in 2018, DPS Games is a development studio focused on making FTP games. We are home to a great deal of passion and love for video games. Our team is rich with experience from all around the world, and the drive to deliver a new online experience the whole world can enjoy. It’s our purpose to ensure whilst you make history with us, you have the best possible time doing so.
We are a globally distributed development studio. Our mother studio is situated in Guildford, UK and we have our partner development studio in Sydney, Australia.
To us, Play is Everything.
Based in Guildford, DPS Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled VFX Artist (at any level) to assist in the creation of the next big free-to-play title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
You will be a hardworking self-motivated team player, who is able to work closely with the Lead VFX Artist, Art Director and Art Production Director to create and be responsible for large sections of the game.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community, and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
You'll bring your excellent verbal and written skills and be able to both take critique and give feedback to external partners, as well as fully participating in group discussions. As well as your good sense of humor, to fully integrate yourself seamlessly into our team and studio culture.
The VFX Artist will report to the Lead VFX Artist.
What will you do?
- Design, create and implement stunning VFX to enhance the dramatic performance of vehicles and characters and breathe life into our world
- Collaborate with Animation and Design to support gameplay requirements
- Work alongside the VFX Team and Art Director to deliver innovation and drive quality
- Precisely optimise in-game VFX to hit performance metrics finely balanced with visual quality
- Help design, construct, document and implement new pipelines and processes
- Help to support off-site development partners
- Assist in planning within this discipline
What are we looking for?
- Proven production art experience in the gaming industry
- Ideally expeirence with around 3 published games
- Proven ability to create exceptional in-game VFX
- Exceptional knowledge of 3ds Max or Maya
- Significant Unreal 4 development experience with at least one released title
- Strong understanding of particle systems, physics, shaders and post process effects
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Diligent self-management around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets
- Strong organizational skills with adherence to optimization and asset management
What additional skills will help you out?
- Understanding of Houdini
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- Concept skills – Ability to visualize and concept with this discipline
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread all over the world. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!