Dexerto are looking for a talented full-time US-based writer who can specialise in Call of Duty and Warzone.
You should be an ambitious writer who is able to source and write compelling stories that will appeal to a Call of Duty and Warzone audience - from news about the games and streamers to the CDL and competitive Warzone tournaments.
You need to have encyclopaedic knowledge of the game, its history and the esport. Ideally, you’ll have written about Call of Duty for a publication and have good contacts within the scene,
The ability to write about a few other games and / or esports would be advantageous.
Some knowledge of SEO and social media is also desirable – as well as writing for dexerto.com, you will have to publish some of your work on Twitter and Facebook.
- Expert knowledge of Call of Duty and Warzone – the games and the esports
- Broader knowledge of esports and gaming culture
- A snappy and compelling writing style
- Able to write to short deadlines under pressure
- Have a keen attention to detail – can spot grammatical errors and fact check.
- Creative ability – able think of feature ideas and suggest news stories that will resonate with our audience
- Able to act independently on writing tasks
- Is confident with social media
- SEO knowledge desirable but not essential
- Own computing equipment that can run Photoshop and be able to use it competently
- Experience with content management systems is desirable
- Able to work full-time hours (40) without other education or job commitments
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ AND DO THIS
Submit your resume with a detailed cover letter explaining how your skills and experience relate to the role. We would like to see links to your previous work.