Here at Daybreak, we make great games that bring people together: to build them and to play them. Together we have built and introduced some of the most famed and beloved gaming franchises to millions of players worldwide including H1Z1®, DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, and EverQuest®.
We are obsessed with the entire creation process and the passion for play is what makes us one with our players. From group raiding epics in Norrath to watching our favorite streamers ravage zombies in the post-apocalypse, we are devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience to our communities.
Let's make games better together! Are you up for the challenge? Here's some specifics on what we're looking for...
We are looking for a highly driven Staff Accountant. The position will act as an individual contributor and report directly to the Accounting Manager here at Daybreak. This is a very hands-on role which will require collaboration with almost every department within the company. The person in this role will be instrumental in providing key insights into multiple areas of the business and reporting for internal stakeholders.
Day To Day Responsibilities
- Participate in the month-end closing process by posting journal entries to the general ledger
- Prepare daily receivable journal entries and cash reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and account analysis
- Prepare royalty reports and maintain related account analysis
- Maintain supporting documentation for account balances
- Prepare monthly royalty invoices and record cash collections
- Assist with fixed asset additions, disposals, monthly depreciation and related account analysis
- Review, recommend and implement accounting procedure changes and perform special projects as requested.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required, assigned and directed.
- Cross-train in areas as needed
Experience And Qualifications
- Must have an Accounting degree
- 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience required or equivalent amount of schooling.
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot-Tables, lookups, etc.).
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience a strong plus.
- Well developed communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple priorities and strict deadlines.
- Payroll processing experience a plus
About Daybreak San Diego
Our headquarters is where gaming and San Diego culture; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. From our four-legged canine friends who can accompany us to work each day to company celebrations, the perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401k vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment, bring your dog to work with you.
**Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**