Associate Software Engineer - EverQuest
Darkpaw Games in San Diego is looking for an Associate Software Engineer to help with our ongoing releases and updates for the famed MMORPG; EverQuest!
This is a great opportunity for someone with software engineering experience to get their foot in the door to the video game industry and work with MMO veterans.The successful candidate will be eager to learn about all aspects of our development process, effectively work within the team, and release content that achieves our quality standards.
- Write and test solid, reliable, and efficient code for highly scalable systems
- Work with designers and artists to design, create, optimize, and maintain game systems and custom tools
- Efficiently self-manage to balance working independently and with other developers
- Ability to take on miscellaneous tasks that require scripting and come up with solutions
- Document complex systems in a clear manner for others to rely as a reference and potentially expand upon
Your Knowledge And Experience
- 2+ years software engineering experience either in school or for work
- Ability to communicate (both in written and verbal methods) complex processes in a clear manner
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A working proficiency in C++
- Versatility with different styles of programming
- Understanding of object-oriented software engineering principles and methodologies
- Become familiar with the code base and to be able to handle some "bugs" with minimal direction
- Regular contributions to small to medium sized initiatives or features
- Effective at managing your time appropriately and remain productive so most small tasks are completed in 3 - 5 days
- Participate in team meetings and brought up ideas for discussion to improve the game, our tools, or our workflows
- Clearly communicate with other developers to move past roadblocks or areas of confusion
- Become comfortable on the build process and deploy releases to internal and external environments
- Demonstrated high standards of ethics and fairness
- Experience playing EverQuest®
- Experience in the games industry
- Knowledge of code versioning systems (Perforce is a plus)
- B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Science Engineering or equivalent work experience
Think you’re Daybreaker material? Send us your resume and cover letter. Make sure to include your Twitch/YouTube channel (if you have one), social media handles, and/or link to your portfolio. We are looking for people who don’t just upload their basic resume, but rather, are looking to get noticed. So, go ahead, impress us!
About Daybreak San Diego And Darkpaw Games
Our headquarters is where gaming and San Diego culture collide; Creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. From our four-legged canine friends who can accompany us to work each day to company movie viewings, the perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (
we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator
) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn't just about having job; it's about being part of a community.
Exceptional employee benefits: 18 days PTO first year; Robust Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage for entire family; Company matched 401(k) vested immediately; Flex Spending Accounts, generous tuition reimbursements, ultra-creative environment, bring your dog to work with you.
**Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
Employment agencies: Please don't contact this job post with unsolicited services or offers