(Closed) Production Artist
We are seeking a dedicated Production Artist to join our growing team in Los Angeles. Use your artistic knowledge and technical skills to complete and perfect the finished design product by retouching images, setting copy and building mechanicals to final specifications across print, digital and social media. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment dealing with multiple types of media and quick turnarounds, we want to hear from you.
- Complete design work from art director’s composite through final mechanical including placing final copy deck elements.
- Ability to review project at hand, ask relevant questions of art director/designer and effectively create mechanicals that adhere to brand guidelines at various sizes while keeping original intent of design intact.
- Build mechanicals using software including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator while applying your technical knowledge of digital, print and social.
- Ability to build mechanical from scratch in InDesign as well as pick up an existing file to make edits or changes based upon updated content/translations (including but not limited to document size, crop or bleed, project legend, placing and adjusting images, typography and general layout).
- Interact with vendors to clarify technical specifications as needed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize deliverables across various timelines.
- Keen attention to detail reviewing the files you are working on within a campaign to ensure visuals and copy are consistent.
- Escalate concerns when assets are missing, resolution is not to specification or copy seems inconsistent.
- Ability to clean up photo assets at intermediate level including outlining images, knocking out backgrounds, basic color adjustments and simple cloning.
- Ability to collect for output including gathering and packaging files correctly to specification, release the file with all fonts and images included with a directory of file ready to hand-off for production.
- 3+ years experience in agency, printing or pre-press company studio.
- Highly organized, flexible to changing conditions and constantly aware of project deadlines. Focus is an integral part of this position.
- Proactive ability to communicate clearly with team members from creative, project management, production and account.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Suite.
- High end retouching skills a plus.
- Proficient in PowerPoint and or KeyNote a plus.
- Must be flexible following team and client specific process.
- Must be able to accurately estimate project time requirements and be proactive in communicating adjustments to the estimate to keep files releasing on time and within budget.
- Flexibility with working nonstandard hours when necessary,
- Ability to anticipate issues and communicate with diplomacy,
- Ability to identify emerging platforms and trends to drive innovation
- Experience in PC gaming and/or hardware.