Crystal Dynamics is assembling a highly motivated, independent Incubation team in Bellevue, WA. We are building an inclusive, diverse culture where every team member is valued for the perspectives and results that we each bring to the table. We plan, act, and deliver as an indie team within the Crystal Dynamics group of studios.
Benefits for this full-time position include a competitive salary, 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Crystal Dynamics is looking for a Principal Animator to fill a major role in building our exciting new Incubation team. As a Principal Animator, you are responsible for developing game animations and systems in a wide range of fidelities and styles as we prototype, refine and deploy world class gameplay.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver responsive combat and traversal animations working closely with combat designer and engineer
- Plan, commit to deliverables and manage your goals within regular milestones and deadlines
- Ensure an open communication flow with all team members
- Continually refine processes for animation production to increase productivity for the animation team
- Work with strict deadlines and to accurately quantify volumes of work
- Stay current on industry trends in animation, rigging, modeling, and texturing
- Document animation process and track tasks throughout game development cycle
- Work in a range of styles, from humorous/cartoony to realistic, and can maintain the appropriate style over the course of a project
- 7+ years' experience in character animation for games
- 2+ years’ experience as a Lead or Senior
- Highly motivated and able to self-direct as an individual contributor
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of traditional animation
- Strong understanding of all areas of character creation (mesh, texturing, skinning, IK)
- Must have good communication skills and ability to manage stressful situations
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Strong background with hand key animations and melee combat
- Experience with modern real-time game engines and editors
- Knowledge of MEL scripting
- Knowledge of Motion Matching technology
A portfolio of work or reel is required to be considered for this role. Any applications without a portfolio or reel will not be considered.
We are committed to identifying and implementing positive and persistent measures to ensure equal opportunity in the recruitment, hiring, development, training, promotion and compensation of a diverse team employee group. This includes persons of different race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, political affiliation, age, veteran status, uniform service member status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or citizenship, as well as any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.