Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (MSG Sports) is a leading professional sports company, with a collection of assets that includes: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, an NBA 2K League franchise. MSG Sports also operates two professional sports team performance centers – the MSG Training Center in Greenburgh, NY and the CLG Performance Center in Los Angeles, CA.
CLG is looking for someone to lead the CLG marketing team, with a focus on brand and social media. This person will be responsible for creating and executing the CLG digital and content strategy across all platforms. They will be responsible for handling the voice of the brand and ensuring it shows up through all channels and platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, TikTok,etc. This person will also manage content creation to support partnerships, merchandise and community events.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Set the brand strategy and roadmap to deliver on business, marketing and partnership priorities
- Develop channel strategies and identify strategic opportunities aimed at growing audiences and increasing engagement
- Manage CLG’s Twitch channels and comprehensive broadcast strategy
- Establish overall voice and look and feel of the brand and ensure consistency in tone and language across all platforms
- Develop digital content ideas that work across platforms to tell brand stories for CLG partners
- Manage year round editorial calendars, and oversee day-to-day digital marketing operations
- Work closely with analytics team to review performance and create new strategies to grow our fanbase and increase engagement across all platforms
- Oversee CLG brand identity across all touch-points, including social media, website, live events, etc.
- 5+ years of digital/marketing experience
- Strong understanding of marketing and digital strategy and proven ability to execute campaigns across social and online.
- Experience managing and leading a team of video/photo producers and editors, social media and marketing professionals, and graphic/creative designers.
- Expert in social media and digital content. Proficient in social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, etc.
- Up to date on current trends in industry, pop culture, sports and entertainment
- Proven track record of managing projects on-time and on-budget in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to excel in a startup environment by driving system thinking and data informed analysis.
- Oversees this department, approximately 6 people
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Occasional travel to CLG events and tournaments
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health choices, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law mandates, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations and will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required.