Senior UI Designer
Help to shape how players interact in a world of sci-fi gameplay
As a Senior User Interface Designer, you will be helping to shape how players interact with each other and a world of sci fi gameplay. You will be designing diegetic user interfaces that deliver a great player experience, from immediate UI, like holographic vehicle HUDs and interactive maps, through to in-world screens for systems such as missions, mining and trading.
You will work closely with game designers and artists to come up with inspirational UI designs and concepts, then work with our cutting edge in UI house tools to implement and test your work in the game world.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What does a Senior UI Designer at CIG do?
- Be the ‘go to’ person for designing UI that can represent complex systems in a user friendly, low friction way.
- Be a pioneer within the department for cleanly implementing content with our UI and game implementation tools.
- Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible.
- Research and implement new cutting-edge UI technologies and tools.
- Help mentor Junior UI Designers and other team members and aid them in their professional development.
What do we expect from our Senior UI Designers?
- Experience in developing front-facing user-interfaces for games, mobile and/or web applications.
- Good understanding of UI and UX best practices.
- Understanding of agile software development and version control systems.
- A proactive hands-on approach, with a drive to get UI in game and working well for the player.
- Ability to work well in a cooperative, cross-functional team environment.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.