The Props team produce a variety of foreground assets for locations, features, cinematics, and marketing. Our staple is intricate hard-surface props such as furniture and dressing assets, but we also produce a variety of soft furnishings and organic assets – as well as complex interactable objects. Many of the assets we create are used by players and AI so need to be highly detailed, functional, and beautiful!
We have multiple opportunities in our Props team as we continue to grow, therefore we are open to speaking to candidates at all levels, from recent graduates to senior level.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
What do our Props Artists do?
- Create a diverse array of high-quality props with and without concept.
- Push the quality of artwork both visually and technically.
- Collaborate with other departments to produce assets with specific design and technical requirements.
What would we expect from our Props Artists?
- Ability to produce highly detailed, well optimised hard surface models.
- Solid understanding of the artistic and technical fundamentals of game art production.
- Good knowledge of material creation, high poly modelling and texture baking.
- Fundamental understanding of soft furnishing or organic asset creation.
- Work within and help to define metrics and technical setup on assets.
- Be highly self-motivated and show initiative, being able to rise to challenges and problem solve when required.
If our Props team sounds like your perfect fit, and if you are passionate about games, love art, and most importantly, you believe you can take us to the next level, then please apply immediately!
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at [email protected] with any information you may have.