Art Outsource Manager
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for an experienced Art Outsource Manager to join our team!
The Art Outsource Manager is collaborating directly with the Animation Director, Leads, Production, Legal and Accounting to coordinate and manage the outsourcing of animation elements. Working with our offsite vendors and partners, you will coordinate animation submissions and feedback, negotiate delivery schedules and contracts, and pro-actively seek new partners and workflows to make the process even more efficient.
Skills & Requirements
- Serve as the main point of contact between CIG and a Vendor
- Provide information and process on our collaboration with the vendor and ensure that process is adhered both ways
- Create examples, documentation and technical specifications for the vendor
- Facilitate and promote pipeline workflows and methodologies to vendor
- Coordinate Development, Vendors and Legal in formulating MCA, NDA, and SOW`s
- Ensure that deliveries are reviewed and actioned in time as per contractual obligations
- Provide visibility and status updates to internal stakeholders through confluence/reports/jiras
- Track vendor delivery time, quality, roster changes and bandwidth
- Escalate in time and maintain close communication with vendors to avoid costly delays, miscommunications and other risks
- Understanding of animation or a willingness to learn the pipeline and requirements.
- Build new or enhance established vendor relationships
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the Production, Leads, and Directors
- Keep initial quality control with pre-set quality bars on all deliverables
- Solve problems quickly to move things along in the process
- Work proactively on vendor management process within the global vendor management group to have global alignment and improvements
- and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience with outsource management or as a Senior Artist
- Ability to understand and negotiate animation deliveries
- Knowledge on the latest industry animation workflow methodologies
- Previous experience with Shotgun
- Strong understanding of scheduling and tracking with JIRA, Confluence and MS Office
- A great communicator all around
- Master’s Degree (MBA, MA, MS)
- PMP, Prince2, Scrum, Agile and other relevant certification
- Extensive experience with Animation related work, practices and pipelines
- Lumberyard experience
- Member of the Star Citizen community
- Passion for games
How to Apply
About The Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.