Experienced UX Designer
We are seeking a talented and experienced UX designer to join the design team at our award-winning studio. This is an auspicious opportunity for the right candidate to champion the latest UX methodologies and best practices on a first-in-class AAA game IP.
The perfect candidate will have experience in the role of UX Designer for at least one shipped AAA title and be able to demonstrate excellent creative and technical skills. You will ensure that the user experience is both objectively efficient and subjectively pleasurable.
You will determine the end user experience for every single feature with the game designers, as well as create the best possible user flows with UI. You should expect plenty of design overlap, from signs, feedback and usability, to accessibility and onboarding. As such, we are searching for a candidate with strong game design knowledge, as well as strong visual design skills.
On this project you will be involved in the development of experiences for a clearly defined, console-based target group. You will therefore be required to have strong knowledge of player motivations and requirements for console demographics and couch gameplay. It would therefore be beneficial if you are a keen gamer, the perfect candidate ideally a gamer on both console and PC, with knowledge of demographics and player requirements for these platforms
On a day-to-day basis, you will be required to:
- Analyse the objective and subjective of game features.
- Interact, brainstorm, and collaborate with team members from different departments (design, programming, art etc.)
- Propose UX designs via a range of visual and written means, from paper sketches to wireframes.
- Produce proof of concept UX prototypes.
- Create user stories and user journeys.
- Write detailed reports communicating the results of your work.
- Liaise regularly with external stakeholders and partners to ensure that design needs and core product requirements are being met.
- Communicate with leads to plan development needs.
- Host and attend meetings for reviews, internal playtesting, and progress sharing.
- Work with research resources and stakeholders to plan and conduct user testing.
- Identify areas for workflow improvement and optimisation to improve productivity.
- You will strive to keep up to date with emerging UX design practices, methodologies, technology and tools.
- Provable working experience in a UX design role in game development.
- A solid understanding of UX methodologies and the application of game design.
- Knowledge of the latest tools and technologies, as well as the capabilities of those tools (for example, Photoshop, After Effects, Figma, Sketch, Illustrator etc.)
- An aptitude for taking theory and concept to UX wireframes and ideally, UX prototypes.
- Strong visual communication and game design skills - for example typography, iconography, layout, colour theory, motion design, accessibility, signs & feedback.
- An ability to create and work with a variety of artistic styles.
- Designing experiences to a strict vision.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills and an aptitude for logical approaches and simple, intuitive end user experiences.
- An aptitude for designing experiences which meet objective and subjective end user requirements.
- A solid understanding of UX methodologies and how they apply to game design.
- A team player who is flexible and open to ideas and criticism from their colleagues in a respectable manner.
- Planning and conducting user research and carrying out competitive analysis.
- Interpreting data and working with feedback.
Applications for this role must include a portfolio/showreel (or supply a link). Applications that do not supply a portfolio/showreel will not be considered.
- Regular social events
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops