Chief Content Curator
At Caffeine, we want to change how people consume live television - making it more friendly, connected, and fun. To do this, we’re building a new social broadcasting platform that features world-class content, easy-to-use broadcasting tools, a social and fun viewing experience, and an engaged broadcaster community.
This is an exciting and enormous challenge, and we will only be successful if we build a supportive and collaborative team. Our teams prioritize delighting our community of viewers and broadcasters, working with intention, taking ownership of our commitments, and acting with resilience and determination—all with the intention to ship greatness, always.
We are looking for a well-regarded, dynamic content strategy executive who will come in as our Chief Content Curator to orchestrate and drive our ever-evolving content strategy. This hardworking and passionate executive must have a consistent track record of identifying compelling, engaging content that will flourish on our live and highly-interactive platform. It is this diverse portfolio of content - and the communities that form around it - which makes Caffeine what it is.
What You'll Do
- Bring to bear your experience in the media, video, or music spaces to identify emerging and exciting content communities that need a "home" and will flourish on a truly live, deeply interactive platform
- Take the lead on content recommendations and help shape Caffeine's content/communities roadmap
- Prepare community/creator proposals that include supporting data, relevant industry contacts, programming schedules, and potential product recommendations to the Caffeine leadership team
- Vet inbound content inquiries against the same criteria used to attract top talent
- Develop and lead a team of content professionals to identify new content communities on Caffeine
- Deliver the scheduling and programming plan to our studio and marketing teams
- Work multi-functionally with the studio team and other internal organizations (Analytics, Legal, Marketing, Product, and Engineering)
Who You Are & What You've Done
- 15+ years experience in the media space with a focus on online or digital delivery
- A critical thinker who is passionate and a bit of a “cultural genius” about the evolving video content distribution landscape
- Excited to provide detailed research, well-reasoned analysis, and robust financial models in support of content strategy initiatives
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment - this means taking initiative, prioritizing projects, and working under tight time-frames to meet community and content priorities
- Passionate about the entertainment, sports, and gaming industries
- Comfortable, calm, and professional when working with talent/creators in the entertainment field and their agents/management
- Excellent communicator with the ability to express thoughts sensitively and effectively
- Exceptionally organized with previous hands-on production and/or project management skills
- Developed strong interpersonal, emotional intelligence, and relationship leadership skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a diverse team to achieve company goals
- Proven decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Built up a foundation of expert knowledge in social publishing tools, reporting, and metrics
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Caffeine. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.