The Butler Esports Program is built on the foundation of three pillars: Competition, Community and Curriculum. The program strives to bring first class facilities to our Varsity and Club Esports competitive teams and social gaming population; activate strategic partnerships within the greater Indianapolis community and link industry leading academics with practical experience for students. We are seeking a Coordinator of Esports to provide a wide range of esports coordination including but not limited to program operations and event coordination; competitive team building and management; social media content and management; and assisting in maintaining usage metrics and facility forecasting and dashboards.
- Assist in overall Esports operations, including team management, youth campus, community engagement and day-to day operations of the new Esports Park venue/LAN center
- Instruct and coach student Esports team managers, players and analysts; implement and coordinate official Butler Esports team competitive tryout, varsity recruitment, selection and coaching structures
- Coordinate media campaigns for the Butler Esports brand; implement and coordinate official Butler Esports team media days; assist in developing broadcast structures and assets for both 1st and 3rd party activations
- Collaborate with the university community and core IT on projects and operational support
- Partner and Esports League Relationship Management activation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in communication, marketing, sports management, business or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 1-2 years' experience in collegiate-level Esports as an organizer, leader, coach or media team member
- Awareness of Esports branding, marketing scheduling and administration
- Working knowledge of medica creation tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.