Test Lead, Bnet
At Bungie, we take pride in how Test helps to deliver amazing experiences to our players. We accomplish this by fostering a collaborative, but critical, environment where Test has an equal seat at the table alongside all of the other development disciplines.
As a Test Lead, you will coordinate and execute your area's coverage by collaborating with cross-discipline peers throughout all phases of development. Your role is to shine a bright light on risks at the earliest possible moment, and then, highlight potential healthy paths forward, weighing the tradeoffs and costs of your options. To create effective test strategies and mitigation plans, you will craft an in-depth understanding of our features and experiences. That will improve the value delivered to our players and keep our teams lean, flexible, and healthy.
Test Leads are responsible for their holistic areas. You must be able to craft and apply a unified approach to their area's features and content, as well as evolve that approach over time. By crafting robust future-facing strategies for consistently and sustainably building experiences that delight your customers, you will lead the conversation with our design and engineering teams on how to mitigate risks and deliver the most value to your users. Test Lead roles frequently include management and/or leadership of additional Test collaborators to ensure proper coverage for an area's combined work. Bungie’s Test Leads will often be expertise-driven individual contributors in their areas, and lead from the front of the battle as they dive into area coverage and test pass execution.
During these uncertain times and rapidly changing environment surrounding COVID-19, all positions at Bungie are subject to onboarding and working virtually/remotely. Once the studio is fully reopened, most work is expected to be performed in-person at our main headquarters in Bellevue, Washington.
- Customer empathy/representing the voice of the customer
- Cross team interaction
- Represent the state of the testing efforts (ex. test execution progress, risks/concerns) to the team and appropriate stakeholders
- Works with team to build and execute a sustainable project test plan that takes into account the team's test staffing, quality goals, and time constraints
- Executes test work as a highly-advanced individual contributor, with a focus on sustainable methodologies
- Builds and executes test maintenance strategies for owned experiences once shipped
- Plans and implements sustainable test strategies in a continuous deployment environment
- Drives team investigations into current test workflows and processes, and identifies improvement opportunities and solutions (including but not limited to process, staff, tooling/data, test methodology, prioritization, and scheduling)
- Utilizes project test coverage experience to work with team to build and maintain technical testing solutions that focus on short and long term sustainability and team efficiency gains
- Strong interest to grow yourself and constantly evolve your approach and processes
- Experience operating on a multi-discipline team in a live service environment
- Leadership experience in a QA role with web and/or mobile app experiences
- Excellent and efficient execution of test passes and in-depth feature investigations
- Experience working with tools/scripting (languages including but not limited to C#)
- Ability to translate goals into shipping solutions, with a focus on cost effective alternatives and their trade-offs
- Ability to effectively collaborate with external-to-team stakeholders, and to convey complex concepts in a digestible manner (including documentation creation and curation)
- Ability to abstract and apply test concepts of risk, cost/value trade-offs, prioritization, and value-driven processes
- Familiarity with Destiny 2
- Experience coaching/mentoring/growing other testers
- Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Game Design, or related fields