Senior UI Scripter
We are looking for a talented and creative Senior UI Scripter to join our team and implement existing assets and designs to create vibrant, exciting user interfaces.
You’ll implement these systems and screens using working with Amazon Lumberyard’s UI Editor and our own tools, working closely with the Art and Code teams.
You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and ground-breaking AAA open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project.
We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands. We also believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants of all backgrounds.
- Build the UI and HUD elements within an ambitious AAA game.
- Design and implement effective sub systems at the right level of abstraction.
- Using appropriate data structures and algorithms to maximize efficiency in terms of system performance and work.
- Mentor and support team members so the whole team accomplish their deadlines as they master their skills.
- Working closely with other departments to request and integrate required assets.
- +6 years of experience in the videogame industry, with at least 2 shipped titles.
- Demonstrable experience creating fully functional and visually polished user interfaces.
- Excellent knowledge of technical scripting languages such as LUA or C#.
- Capable of efficient debugging game sub systems.
- Solid planning skills (including dependencies to/from other peers) without direct supervision.
- Detection and communication of possible risks and limitations.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills without external help.
- Passion for videogames, and a broad grasp of game types and systems.
Desirable extra skills/experience:
- Experience with HTML5, Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop, etc.
- Programming background and proficiency on C++.
- Experience working on Analytics/KPIs.