Senior Producer - Star Wars
We are BossAlien, part of the NaturalMotion family. Our mission is to bring AAA console visuals and deep compelling gameplay to mobile platforms. For the past three years NaturalMotion Studios have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
We are looking for a Senior Producer to join us at BossAlien, a division of NaturalMotion, in creating Star Wars™: Hunters, a competitive arena combat game for the Nintendo Switch system and mobile devices. Star Wars: Hunters will bring players together to engage in thrilling, squad-based, multiplayer battles featuring a diverse array of distinctive new Star Wars characters.
You will be the driving force within teams, taking ownership for planning and execution across multiple teams to achieve the highest quality. You will empower teams to deliver an outstanding game at high quality, on budget and on time. Championing development process improvements through team retrospectives and feedback.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- PLANNING AND EXECUTION: working with design, product management, feature teams, leadership, and partner teams, you will ensure clarity of the team’s goals, work with stakeholders and the team to set backlog priorities, ensure ownership of these goals in the team, build long term and short term plans and communicate to all key partners.
- COMMUNICATION AND LEADERSHIP: facilitate and ensure great communication between disciplines, teams and individuals, both written, verbal and visual. This includes transparent progres, status and risk reporting, as well as quantitative production delivery metrics. You will be adept at keeping everyone in sync with plans, and changes to the plans as they happen. Provide clarity of vision and direction to individuals and teams and ensure clear ownership of problem-solving and feature development.
- RELEASE MANAGEMENT: Ensure high-quality releases, working with QA, Development, Design, Art, Product, and other teams to ensure our internal and external releases are well defined, clearly communicated, high quality and meet all requirements.
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Craft the right process for the right teams and problems. Constantly Iterate on these solutions through team retrospectives and feedback to find the best way for delivering the game updates effectively and thoroughly through all stages from Concept Prototype to Live.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience as a Senior Producer with full production cycle experience from Concept Prototyping to Launch and Live Operations
- Highly capable and experienced in a variety of development methodologies including Agile SCRUM, Kanban, team management, long and short-term project scheduling and execution.
- Experience of project status and risk reporting including executive-level project reporting.
- Experience handling large, multi-disciplinary feature teams developing towards specific deadlines and delivering to world-class quality.
- Effective at driving order out of chaos, excellent prioritization and decision-making skills, dealing with ambiguity effectively for self and others.
- Establishing and refining team processes, bringing examples of best practice and mentoring to the more junior members of the group.
- Influential through in-person and written communication channels. Effective in one-to-one as well as one-to-many communication. Effective team collaborator and meeting facilitator.
- Knowledge and practical experience of production team management using one of the scalable agile methodologies (Large Scale Scrum, Nexus, SAFe and others)
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with distributed or external development teams on AAA-class games i
- Mobile game development experience
- Experience in the development of games based on external IP and direct communication with external IP/brand holders
- PMP understanding
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and Zynga stock allowance.
- Create next-gen games that will be played and loved by millions of players around the world.
- Work in a family-friendly, collaborative team that invests in your development and growth on-the-job.
- A diverse team of friendly, fun and supportive co-workers.
- Flexible working hours & crunch-free working culture.
- Communal music and laid-back atmosphere.
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in the studio each Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus Christmas shutdown and public holiday.
- Private medical care and healthcare cash plan.
- Life insurance and critical illness insurance.
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave or 3 months fully paid paternity leave.
- Annual rail season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.
- Well stocked office kitchen and free Monday studio lunch.
NaturalMotion is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, pregnancy, marital status or veteran status.