Senior Technical Artist - Overwatch 2
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a motivated and experienced senior technical artist to join its powerhouse Overwatch 2 world-building development team!
You will leverage your skills by providing support for the art production process, working closely with 3D environment artists, lighting artists, and animators.
Your work will be aligned to the needs of a production pipeline and teams we support, and you will work collaboratively with other departments including game design, environment art, animation, and VFX.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated technical artist who can work independently while keeping all stakeholders informed.
- Minimum experience 5 years’ experience in the gaming industry as a tools developer
- Detailed working knowledge of Maya and Photoshop
- Fluency in modern scripting languages and related UI frameworks, such as Python & PyQt/PySide
- Experience with C# and C++ (Maya API)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Technical support focused
- An avid gamer
- Experience with Houdini and creating tools with it.
- Experience with Substance Designer/Painter
- Experience with material and shader development
- Experience with AAA Modeling pipelines/Animation pipelines
- Familiar with Blizzard games and properties
Submission / Portfolio Requirements
- Cover Letter
- Demo Reel and Shot Breakdown showing rigging / simulation and technical proficiency
- Only online submissions will be accepted
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!