Senior Product Manager, Content Platform
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Product Manager to help us deliver epic platform products by joining the Content Platform team within the Battle.net & Online Products: Content & Developer Services group.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, product managers, project managers, and designers focused on building the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, visiting our websites, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
The Content & Developer Services platform group provides developers with tools and services to extend player experiences and grow online communities around our epic game worlds in ways that are as fun and enriching as the games themselves.
In the role of Senior Product Manager on the Content Platform team, you will play a key role in the development and improvement of Blizzard’s forums and comments products. These products help facilitate engagement with Blizzard’s official content and online-community experiences while ensuring that they remain a reflection of Blizzard core values and policies.
You will work with customers inside and outside of Blizzard to identify problems, determine objectives, and propose solutions. You will drive alignment on functional specifications, ensure the delivery of high-quality products, and measure their performance against their goals. You will help with defining and championing the product vision to continuously improve our online solutions. You will interact with senior technical and design leaders, engineers, designers, and Senior Product Managers across the company, and senior managers within Battle.net & Online Products.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned Senior Product Manager with prior experience leveraging the right balance of organizational & people management skills on behalf of solving customer problems at scale. You possess the ability to build consensus among diverse teams of people and guide them into highly collaborative partnerships. And you obsess over helping developers succeed in their quest to keep players excited, energized, and entertained by the Blizzard games they love, even when they’re not actively playing.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Manage the overall lifecycle of Content & Developer Services products providing the bond between our players, our games, and our services
- Create business goals, drive alignment of product strategy, and manage product delivery in a highly dynamic environment determined to “Lead Responsibly”.
- Develop and champion vision and values for the portfolio in line with Blizzard and Battle.net & Online Products long-range plans and objectives.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and user researchers to understand the problems and opportunities addressable by the portfolio and its products.
- Communicate product needs through the collection and creation of functional specifications, business requirements, user stories, scenarios, user studies, and data analysis.
- Partner with external vendors and developers to identify, plan, and execute opportunities to improve the product lines through systems updates and feature development.
- Lead collaboration and generate consensus across a cross-functional team to develop products and features on time and with measurable value.
- Measure the success of products and features against the business objectives they serve through the thoughtful identification and monitoring of key performance metrics.
- Influence beyond Battle.net & Online Products by driving alignment of priorities and timelines with teams across Blizzard.
- Contribute to sustaining a healthy team culture, built around Blizzard values.
- Mentor individual contributors, encouraging learning and growth while contributing to team goals.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience with product, program, and project management.
- Strong systems analysis skills; need to be able to learn and understand systems by studying them.
- Solid understanding of service-oriented architectures and design. Emphasis on driving toward a high-quality end-user experience.
- Experience managing projects through the full software development life cycle.
- Experience managing external vendor and individual contractor partnerships.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Comfortable giving presentations to large groups and senior management.
- Strong people management skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage without authority.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative; an enthusiastic “can-do” attitude is a must.
- Passion for iteration in order to find the optimal solution, but at the same time understands diminishing returns.
- Skilled in risk assessment and management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with online community platforms/technologies, discussion systems, toxicity monitoring technologies and approaches, and social platforms.
- Experience working in or with Customer Support use cases and problem spaces as it relates to online community management, engagement, and moderation.
- Knowledge of community management, strategy, and public relations concerning online community development.
- Experience directly managing teams of Product Managers.
- Software development background.
- Experience working with PII data.
- Experience with data protection policies (GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Technical familiarity with common API frameworks.
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence or comparable team collaboration applications.
- Certification or training in business analysis and / or product management.
- Scrum Alliance certifications (CSM, CSPO, CSP) or PMI certifications (PMP, ACP).
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to bringing the world together through epic entertainment. Join us!