Senior Game Designer, Mission Design - Overwatch
Job Title: Senior Game Designer, Mission Design - Overwatch
Requisition ID: R002996
The Overwatch team is looking for an accomplished game designer! You have 5 years of experience or more in designing missions for shipped titles. You are capable of driving mission building from start to finish. You understand the project vision and create fun and compelling missions that fit within the overall narrative. You can work with a team that constantly strives to find the fun, sharing ideas and assignments in a collaborative, iterative fashion. You have proven experience in content design and a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis. You are passionate about video games, knowledgeable about Overwatch, and want to contribute to the overall success of the game!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Oversee mission creation from start to finish
- Partner with design leadership to create compelling new mission mechanics and objectives
- Collaborate with environment artists, encounter designers, and gameplay engineers to create, implement, and polish missions around existing systems and mechanics
- Drive solutions to gameplay mechanics, game content, and workflow process challenges
- Improve missions through feedback, iteration, and play testing
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in game design, including mission design experience on AAA title(s)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Extensive content design experience including complete implementations from creative concept to delivery
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment while helping others
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Advanced education in creative or technical field of study
- Experience in designing cooperative and/or player vs. player experiences
- Knowledgeable about online gameplay and first-person shooters.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.