Mid/Senior UI Artist, Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is working on an unannounced mobile project. If you’re a skilled UI artist with mobile experience, come help us craft top-quality user interfaces for our players.
Our family of talented developers, bound together by our passion for games, is looking to grow. We believe that if you share the same passion for collaboration, Blizzard, and mobile gaming, you’ll be a great fit.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Some Of Your Responsibilities...Being a UI artist on the project means you will interact with dozens of folks and touch every part of the project. We want a developer who’s constantly seeking growth and loves learning new things. To be more specific, here are some of the things you’ll get to do on the project:
- Geek out about information hierarchy, fonts, tone, iconography, vector graphics.
- Create beautiful user interfaces that build upon the project’s visual style.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to build your vision in-engine.
- Maintain and elevate an organized workflow from photoshop to engine.
- Synthesize complex design systems into digestible interfaces for the audience.
- Help create an experience that elicits excitement and that people want to return to every day.
Some attributes we’re looking for in you...
Along With a Passion For Blizzard And Mobile Gaming, We Have Some Other Things That We Think Will Make You a Successful Candidate
The ideal candidate possesses outstanding aesthetic sensibilities, strong verbal/visual communication skills, and an attention to detail. You should be comfortable flexing between different art styles and exhibit the ability to develop new and compelling user interface features that match.
- Roughly 3 years of experience creating games on big or little teams.
- Wizard-level understanding of Photoshop, and ability to paint and illustrate polished visuals.
- A good grasp on wireframing programs
- Eagerness to collaborate with other disciplines.
- Experience building games with the Unity Editor, especially using the Canvas systems.
- You exemplify design thinking and an iterative approach to problem solving.
- You have a thirst for developing games in any form.
Send the team your cover letter (optional), resume and portfolio link (both required).
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!