Here at Blizzard, we pride ourselves on having the passion, drive and creativity to forge amazing worlds and experiences for our players to dive into! To accomplish these epic goals, we need smart, collaborative people with exceptional talents. We are looking for a lead engineer to join our new team working on an unannounced project. The ideal candidate is passionate about providing high-level direction, supporting a team of engineers, and pitching in as needed with day-to-day development. Each member of our team will have the chance to have a major impact on the project’s overall design, artistic vision, and technology.
We endeavor to be a tightknit team that celebrates artistic passion and pushing creative bounds. If you have the desire to push your talents to help us create the next awesome Blizzard experience, then join us!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Collaborate with engineers, artists, designers, and producers to identify short-term and long-term tasks.
- Support team members by evaluating performance and establishing career goals.
- Assess the architectural requirements of incoming work to ensure system cohesion.
- Find and remove roadblocks impeding the team.
- Review implementations for adherence to coding guidelines and robustness.
- Track tech debt accrual and schedule follow-up based on a cost-benefit analysis.
- Triage incoming incidents by prioritizing urgency and assigning to appropriate team members for follow-up.
- Individually contribute to systems as needed and available.
- Mobile development experience.
- Fluency in C#.
- Effective communication skills with developers of all technical skill levels and backgrounds.
- Excited by improving iteration times and reducing friction.
- A drive to regularly self-improve as an engineer and leader.
- Self-motivated and a phenomenal teammate willing to pitch in on many areas in development.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.