We Need You
The Diablo Immortal team is looking for a proven designer with a passion for engaging combat and gameplay. You are experienced in multiple areas of design including skills, monster spawning and boss encounters.
You are comfortable flexing between combat mechanics and aesthetics. One moment you are working with an interaction designer to optimize a skill so it can be controlled well using alternative input methods, the next you’re choosing the monsters that will form the ecology for a new dungeon.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, a passion for all things multi-player, outstanding people skills, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge of Diablo games, and a longstanding passion for playing video games. We are helping to pioneer the creation of epic Blizzard games for our core community and new players – join us!
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the video game industry
- Must have shipped at least one title in a design role
- Extensive experience developing or playing action RPG titles
- Knowledge & Skills
- A deep thought process for RPG-style combat both as a designer and a player
- Analytical skills for evaluating systems and interpreting player behavior
- Able to communicate effectively verbally, in writing, and using other mediums (such as pictures, videos and illustrations)
- Outstanding self-motivation and initiative
- Prior experience doing monster design and boss design
- Experience designing player classes or abilities
- User Interface design experience
- Prior work experience or education in other (non-design) disciplines: art, programming, production, or sound.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Passion for video games, especially Blizzard Entertainment titles
- Passion for action RPG games and mobile games.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences . . . ever. Join us!