(Closed) Associate Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Service Tech
Creating epic Blizzard gaming experiences like climbing the floors of Torghast and stopping the Jailer in Shadowlands come after talented teams work together perfecting the final game. We are looking for a talented SDET to join the team to help deliver on creating such epic experiences. Are you passionate about creating technical solutions and new tools which will be used to enhance game development? In this role you will be coordinating across disciplines with quality assurance analysts, designers, engineers, and artists. This will require outstanding people skills, excellent communication skills, and demonstrated programming experience (in the personal, educational, or professional arena). Additionally, the ideal candidate will have knowledge of World of Warcraft and a longstanding passion for playing games, improving quality and the player experience.
Blizzard QA is a close-knit team that cares about iteration, collaboration, and succeeding together. We share knowledge and improve our skills by learning from each other’s success and failures via group discussions, mentoring, and embracing techniques that keep us delivering quality entertainment. In this position you will help build and maintain tools used in development every day. Are you excited about the prospect of joining our team and being a part of Blizzard Entertainment?
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Collaborate with Blizzard teams to develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals
- Analyze test and development workflows and collaborate with individuals and teams to maximize advantages of using newly developed and existing technology
- Complete software development tasks to deliver technical solutions (frameworks, tests, API hooks, tools) increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing cost of test execution
- Implement metrics, analyze test data and results to identify patterns, report on risk status to development partners and influence software quality
- Contribute to team's planning efforts and share knowledge within the team and across Blizzard
- 3+ years of experience as a Tester, QA Engineer, SDET or similar role with focus on quality
- 2+ years software engineering experience in a professional environment
- Fluency with C#
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Commitment to quality and sustainable software development
- Experience in developing tools
- Experience working on a large engineering team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with game development, modding, addon/plugin development and productivity automation
- Experience working within a large multi-lingual codebase
- Experience working with databases
- Experience working with Jenkins
- Experience working with Selenium
- Experience with multiple languages such as C++, Python and Lua · Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and services
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!