Senior UX Designer
Supported by the UX design team, the Senior UX Designer will define and realize UX goals for new and evolving gameplay features.
The ideal candidate for this role has experience iterating fair in-game systems for AAA titles from conceptualization to completion and can translate a thorough understanding of cognitive UX aspects into engaging player interactions that meet project expectations and deadlines.
Your responsibilities in this role will entail creating UX content for storyboards, personas, journey maps, user flows, wireframes, and mockups through data-informed interdepartmental collaboration and iteration.
In addition to driving the technical obligations of this role, we are seeking an individual that possesses the excellent communication skills necessary to articulate personal creative processes while receiving critical user and team feedback.
It is imperative that the person in this role is comfortable working alongside UI Engineers to implement and polish design content while being able to express ideas and improvements to the team.
This is a full-time temporary position available to work remotely or based out of our Irvine, CA studio.
- Oversee UX wireframe mockups and collaborate cross-functionally to create polished, visually stunning game design features
- Routinely translate global player data to determine problem areas and craft swift design solutions
- Predict, identify, and resolve impediments related to experience design
- Work with and take guidance from UX Directors to drive UX-centric features from concept to completion
- Document and advocate for high-quality UX standards, continuously improving the workflow process as it relates to UX
- Participate in and contribute to cross-functional discussions related to milestone delivery and emerging features
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in the game industry or related area
- A portfolio demonstrating exemplary UI/UX experience working in interactive media
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, or related HCI discipline
- Broad taste in video games and passion for game development
- Expert knowledge and understanding of usability design principles
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in multiple design tools, such as Figma, Axure, Sketch, Zeplin, Flinto, Proto, etc.)
- Keep abreast of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technology
- Interest in player created content
- At least one shipped AAA title as a UX designer
- Experience leading teams