Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
We are currently on the lookout for a Producer to join our team! Working alongside two other producers on the Production team, we’re looking for someone who would be committed to delivering a quality product. You will facilitate the day-to-day production needs for new features, content, software, and platform updates on both of our flagship games - YoWorld and FishWorld. This position is offered remotely.
- Collaborate and oversee the work of our internal teams, which include Technology, Art, and Product Management
- Lock down requirements and specifications to formulate the project plan
- Resource plan and budget based on project needs
- Create, input, and manage project plans including; scope, schedule, resource and budget
- Manage and participate in the agile workflow for the project, including: scrums, sprint planning, reviews, and retros
- Provide regular status reporting and capacity plan updates
- Improve project process, workflow, and tools to ensure that each project setup meets BVG best practices
- Track and implement project improvement plans to drive team efficiency
- Communicate with all levels of the organization through status reports, team communications, production plans, and analysis/summary reports
- Be the point person on projects for clients and team members. Know all aspects of development and help team members prioritize and know what to do next
- Be able to negotiate, mediate, and conflict-manage within projects and teams
- Along with your fellow producers, help with the overall execution of Production: supervise timelines, budgets, milestone reviews, and etc.
The Must Haves
- 4+ years of game industry experience in game development, production, or publishing
- Ability to manage multiple mid to high priority projects/initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills - both in written and verbal correspondence
- Exceptional organization, prioritization, and project management skills
- Ensure personal productivity and positively influence the team
- Be able to be self-directed and autonomous with minimal guidance
- Be able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Anticipate and mitigate issues and escalations
- Technical proficiency with Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, MS Office
- A passion for delivering creative excellence, while being capable of finding ways to execute it without jeopardizing schedule and budget
The Nice to Haves
- Leadership or team management experience, having managed a cross functional team
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives, Perkopolis)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.