Intermediate 2D Artist/Animator
A Little About Us
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are at the beginning of a new adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
We're looking for talented Artists/Animators to join our Art team! You'll be working on our flagship games, YoWorld and FishWorld, creating game ready assets. Our Art team specializes in 2D Art and Animation, so the ideal candidate would be an experienced professional with a strong 2D skillset, preferably working with Vector based images. Reporting to the Art Director, this will be a remote position for artists residing in Ontario.
When applying, please provide a link to your portfolio!
- Creating compelling assets including characters, props, icons, logos, menus, and backgrounds for our games
- Illustrating high quality 2D vector and raster based assets using a variety of tools and applications
- Create engaging high quality 2D animation on style and within design constraints
- Working independently and collaboratively with team members to develop unique assets which fit the style established
- Taking verbal concepts through to final execution of artwork
The Must Haves
- 3+ years of experience creating 2D production art preferably in the social/mobile gaming space
- 2+ years of 2D animation experience
- B.A. or B.F.A in design, multimedia or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Specifically Animate CC, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Proven track record of creating appealing, high quality characters, props and environments
- Experience taking features from concept to final in-game art
- Strong background in multiple 2D disciplines
- Understanding of the principles of animation
- Experience creating character animation in Animate CC
- Solid understanding of perspective, composition, character design, colour theory, visual effects and lighting
- Knowledge of the game development process
- Task driven, self-motivated and proactive
The Nice to Haves
- F2P game experience
- Experience with photomanipulation
- Experience making vector assets for mobile games
- Experience with Confluence and Jira
- Experience with Unity
Become a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! We want to hear from you! Submit your application today!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.