As the gaming arm of Bad Robot Productions (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars), Bad Robot Games is passionate about telling stories and building worlds that can only be experienced through games. Our goal is to create gaming destinations across all platforms that are as fun to watch as they are to play.
We are seeking an exceptional and versatile Art Director to join our internal studio team of seasoned game industry veterans who are focused on creating something brand new.
- Working closely with the Game Director to create, communicate, and maintain a clear artistic vision for the project
- Creating concept art pieces that define the aesthetic of the game and inspire the team
- Leading by example, creating game assets, modeling characters, building environments, animating sequences, crafting key art pieces and generally setting the bar with your skill
- Ongoing inspirational leadership and mentoring of the art team
- Cross-discipline collaboration with the development team to problem solve and generate new ideas
- Participating in playtesting and providing “hands on” feedback as the project progresses
- Recruiting and hiring of exceptional art talent
- 5+ years art leadership for major PC or console AAA releases
- 10+ years of game development experience in a senior artistic role
- Two or more shipped AAA games
- Proven ability to lead, inspire, and manage artists across multiple disciplines
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work and inspire in a team environment
- Full-stack skillset from concept art to in-game implementation, characters to environments to architecture
- Proficiency in professional 3D tools like Maya and Photoshop as well as game engines like Unreal and Unity
- Proficiency in the pipelines, tools, and processes of creating, building, shipping, and supporting live games
- A passion for first and third person 3D environments and multiplayer online gaming
- A rich history of game playing across a wide variety of game genres
- Online multiplayer FPS game development experience
We believe every project should feel like you’re making something special—and that you’re making it with a family. Any act of creation is a leap of faith. The fun comes from believing that it just might work.
BENEFITS and MORE:
Startup mentality, Bad Robot benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) program
- 100% paid Medical / dental / vision, life, and employee assistance program
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Social impact programming, education, and awareness offering via Good Robot
Distributed Team and Remote Friendly:
- It’s 2021, games are being made by developers spread across the world. Our HQ is located in Santa Monica, CA, but our team collaborates from all over.
- For now, we are only accepting remote candidates in the continental USA, but may be interested in changing this policy as we grow.
Funded, but Independent:
- Backed by strategic and venture capital firms Galaxy Interactive, Horizons Ventures, Tencent, WBIE, and Iconiq, we have incredible investors who believe in the future of storytelling in games, and our ability to deliver on that promise.
We believe that our studio should be representative of the people who play our games.
- Our goal is to make games in which all players can see themselves.
Bad Robot Games is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salaries and compensation packages to all our full-time hires--which includes comprehensive benefits, and amazing opportunities both in and outside the office.