Expansive Worlds is a creative division of Avalanche Studios Group and a leading developer and publisher of outdoor games. Since 2009, Expansive Worlds has been devoted to delivering highly immersive outdoor gaming experiences for millions of players and best known for the long-standing and successful theHunter franchise.
We are now looking for a Technical Animator to work with an unannounced title.
As a Technical Animator you will be responsible for in-game characters setups and rigging of characters, animals and other in-game objects, setting-up and maintaining animation pipelines and facilitating animators and designers to help maximize efficiency in feature development. You will also be working closely with animators, gameplay developers and network engineers to design animation state machines and implement player mechanics.
You'll be responsible for
- Character rigging and setup for human and animal characters
- Driving animation pipelines, and regularly improving upon them
- Working in collaboration with animators, designers and programmers to implement realisation of player mechanics and npc characters
- Communicate effectively with content teams to identify workflow issues, spec out the plan to solve them, and then drive that plan to a shippable state
- Use your technical expertise to find creative solutions to challenging problems
- Python scripting
- Knowledge of Autodesk animation software (Maya/Motionbuilder)
- Strong understanding of character mechanics and animation pipelines/workflows
- Clear and open communication skills
- Desire to work as part of a team; taking feedback and direction appropriately, and the motivation to work independently
- Experience working on open world games
- Experience working with player mechanics
- C++ programming experience
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios Group. For this role, you need to be able to work full-time in Liverpool. Following the UK Government’s Guidance for employers and businesses on COVID-19, all employees in Liverpool will initially join and work remotely until we can establish a physical location.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.